To apply to any of these positions, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references with the title of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must be non-smokers and able to pass a urinalysis and background check. Thank you!
All positions half-time and above include 100% paid medical/dental, 401k match, 3 weeks PTO and 7 paid holidays in the first year, and paid supervision towards licensure as well as training for CEUs.
Odyssey Community Counseling is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant
to assist Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in Eugene.
The Medical Assistant will manage check-ins; take measurements of vital signs, blood pressure, weight and heart rate; and record information in clients’ Electronic Health Records following HIPPA and OAR guidelines. This position requires supporting Odyssey Community Counseling’s Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners with pre-authorizations, obtaining medical records and providing clerical support such as answering the phone and scheduling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer injections per Medical Provider instructions
- Monitor and review medications and coordinate refill orders for patients
- Manage medications in Dr. First
- Completes UA’s as needed at the discretion of Medical Provider
- Follow-up on lab work, review results, and ensure results are accurately reflected in EHR for clients
- Complete billing notes for all billable charges consistent with Medicaid guidelines
- Document all time spent in communication with a client to coordinate care on behalf of Medical Provider (including time spent on the phone and speaking to a client in person)
- Scheduling appointments
- Prescription Prior Authorizations
- Reconciliation of medical records
- Collecting and documenting Vitals
EMERGENCE offers a competitive benefits package for employees including:
- Salaried position, starting at $32,500 and commensurate on experience
- Medical and Dental insurance paid by EMERGENCE
- 401k and Employer Match program
- Paid Time Off that includes 3 weeks in the first year in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Other medical benefits (Cafeteria Plan, URM, extended leave, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Some weekday evenings required
- Computer proficiency is beneficial as records are managed electronically
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Accredited Medical Assistant Program Graduate (Certification or Licensure)